10 Things That Affect Your Google Blog Search Ranking
Unlike most other blog search engines, the Google version ranks the search results according to relevancy. A look at a patent gives more insight into how the results are ranked and how to improve your blog’s ranking. (I rounded the numbers out, actual pointers are more than 10).
5 Things That Improve Your Ranking
- How many RSS subscriptions there are to the blog,
- How often people click on a link to the post in search results,
- How many blogrolls, and “high quality” blogrolls the blog is in,
- If the blog offers visitors the chance to tag posts and whether people are tagging them,
- References to the blog by sources other than blogs, (Pagerank, and; Others).
5 Things That Deteriorate Your Ranking
- If new posts appear in short bursts or at predictable intervals, and whether posts are the same size, or roughly the same size,
- If the content of the posts doesn’t match the content of feeds from the posts, or if the content includes a lot of spam related keywords,
- If a lot of content is duplicated in multiple posts from a blog,
- Link distribution of the blog,
- If posts primarily link to one page or site, (and; Others).