34 Reasons Why Readers Unsubscribe from Your Blog
Darren Rowse has revealed 34 reasons why his readers unsubscribe from blogs. He asked his readers why, and there were total of 109 comments from which he has categorized the results. While I agree with most of the reasons, some of them were truly asinine. Here are the 10 reasons that topped the list.
- Too many posts (the post levels are too overwhelming) – 37
- Infrequent Posting (or the blog is effectively dead) – 29
- Partial Excerpts Feeds – 25
- Blog Changes Focus (too much off topic posting) – 23
- Too many posts that I see elsewhere (Redundant, Repeated or Recycled News) – 19
- Uninteresting Content – 16
- Irrelevant Content – 13
- The Bloggerâ€™s Ego – Too much self promotion – 11
- Low Quality Content – 11
- Too many posts that are too long – 10
Visit Mr. Rowse here.