Web IT and Business Trends in 2009
Business strategist Dion Hinchcliffe presents an interesting (if rather buzzword-heavy) rundown of how the shift to the Web is changing IT and business. In particular, he cites five trends in that direction for 2009:
- Innovation is one of the easiest and least risky areas that can be tapped by most organizations.
- Vertical and horizontal crowdsourcing models are increasingly viable as 3rd party intermediaries grow in size and experience.
- To get ready to participate in the Web OS, enterprises will have to re-examine how they organize, share, and open data.
- Plugging into open supply chains dynamically means a new view of operations.
- SaaS is the slippery slope for Web OS adoption.
I’m looking at Hinchcliffe’s pretty chart above, and I’m checking off technologies that my business currently uses, and the ones that it should start using. If you can resist the temptation to play buzzword bingo with this chart, you can probably do the same.