Digg Launches Buttons and Widget Generator
Digg has just launched its new buttons and widget generator tool for publishers to easily integrate Digg on their blogs and websites. Â These newly improved smart Digg buttons and widget generator were launched this early to prepare publishers for the upcoming launch of the newly redesigned Digg.
While some publishers have previously integrated Digg in their websites well, the previous process however required customization work through the Digg API. The new button and widget generator can easily help you integrate as well as blend the Digg buttons and widget to your websites.
Now for some new features of the Digg button that you are about to create:
- Buttons no longer take users to Digg, traffic stays on the publisher’s domain
- Dynamic display of live Digg count – statistics have shown this increases likelihood of user interaction
- Faster load time
- Customizable look and feel – includes a new â€œmediumâ€ button size and an unstyled option so a publisher can create their own custom designed Digg button
- Related stories from the publisher’s domain to users that click the button
- All existing smart Digg buttons will auto-upgrade in the coming weeks – however, it is recommended that publishers review the new documentation for optimization tips
While Digg widgets also get the following new features:
- Headlines now link directly to the publisher’s content with the Diggbar instead of the Digg permalink page
- Customizable – more customization options without requiring publishers to use the Digg API
- Tabs & columns – ability to add multiple tabs to a widget as well as make a double column widget
- Thumbnails – by default a thumbnail is attached to each story when available
- Fallback content logic by domain – if there is insufficient content to display, the widget has logic to backfill with relevant content from the same domain