RIM Releases Twitter for BlackBerry App, and It Rocks!
Update: Screenshots added plus link to the official Twitter Blog post announcing the BlackBerry App.
RIM has just released the Twitter for BlackBerry Mobile in beta. If your smartphone runs on BlackBerry OS version 4.5 or higher with at least 64MB of built-in memory, then you’re good to go. Grab the app from the BlackBerry App World, under the Test Center category. Well, of course you have to be a heavy Twitter
So, what should you expect from Twitter for BlackBerry app? Quite a lot of nice features which include the following:
- Push notifications for Twitter DMs
- Timeline support
- View Following and Followers
- Tweeting and Re-Tweeting
- Send tweets to Facebook, Email, BlackBerry PIN, SMS, MMS and BBM
- Keyword search
- User search
- Proximity search
- Tweet Photos directly from the BlackBerry Picture folder
- Trending topics – view a list of the top 10 trending topics in Twitter
- Profile editing – edit your profile or change your profile pic
- Seamleass integration into core BlackBerry apps such as Media, Browser, BlackBerry App World and Message list
- URL Shortening – tweet or send DM of websites from teh browser using Bit.ly URL shortener
I told you, it’s quite a lot of features, right? It practically mimics what you can do on the Twitter.com. Even the layout is almost similar to the official Twitter layout – color, themes and all.
I downloaded the apps and installed it on my BlackBerry Bold 9700. One thing I can say is that this app gives Â other third-party Twitter apps a good competition.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t have support for multiple Twitter accounts. Â Hope this feature will be enabled in succeeding versions too.