Skype Now Available for All Nokia Smartphones
Skype and Nokia’s partnership has been going for quite some time now. In fact, their plans of integrating Skype to Nokia devices has been discussed as early as February last year. Although Nokia devices were able to get a default Skype client it is only now that it is finally made available for majority of Nokia’s smartphones – specifically those running on Symbian ^1.
Skype for Symbian will let you to use Skype even while on the move, either through WiFi, GPRS, EDGE or 3G. Â Skype for Symbian is now available for download at the Nokia Ovi Store and you can install it on your smartphone if it belongs to the following long list of Nokia devices that support it:
Nokia N97, Nokia N97 mini, Nokia X6, Nokia 5800 XpressMusic and Nokia 5530 and the following non-touch devices: Nokia E72, Nokia E71, Nokia E90, Nokia E63, Nokia E66, Nokia E51, Nokia N96, Nokia N95, Nokia N95 8Gb, Nokia N85, Nokia N82, Nokia N81, Nokia N81 8 Gb, Nokia N79, Nokia N78, Nokia 6220 classic, Nokia 6210 Navigator, Nokia 5320.
If your current Nokia phone is any of those devices listed, then you can enjoy the following features of Skype on your device:
- Make free Skype-to-Skype calls to other Skype users anywhere in the world
- Save money on calls and texts (SMS) to phones abroad.
- Send and receive instant messages to and from individuals or groups
- Share pictures, videos and other files.
- Receive calls to their existing online number
- See when Skype contacts are online and available to call or IM
- Easily import names and numbers from the phoneâ€™s address book
Of course before you go on a Skype holiday, make sure that you are subscribe to an unlimited data plan, since even though Skype-to-Skype call is free, you are still using up air time of your mobile carriers.
You may download Skype for Symbian by following this link.
Via The Skype Blog