Who Says Foursquare Has No Business Potential?
Don’t look now folks, but pretty soon, Â your favorite restaurants and other business establishments might soon be offering various discounts, freebies and other promotional gigs in cooperation with Foursquare. Yes Foursquare, you it right? Â This is because Foursquare has just launched a business strategy that encourages establishment owners to use its service to engage mobile customers with specials and give them the ability to track how their venues is performing over time – through venue analytics.
Foursquare Business provides simple self-service tools that would allow you, as a business manager, to cook up with various kinds of special gigs that would attract customers to your business establishments. Specifically Foursquare Business will let you created the following specials:
- Mayor specials can be unlocked only by the Mayor of your venue (the user who has checked in the most in the last 60 days).
- Count-based specials are unlocked when a user checks in a certain number of times.
- Frequency-based specials are unlocked every so many check-ins.
- Wildcard specials are always unlocked, but your staff has to verify some extra conditions before awarding the special.
What’s cool about this is that Foursquare has mobile apps in three major mobile platforms – Android, iPhone and BlackBerry. And Foursquare can use this mobile apps to send notices to potential customers nearby to possibly invite them to check out your Foursquare promotional gigs.
To use Foursquare’s business tools, all you need to do is claim your venue. Once you’ve done that you can have access to various Foursquare venue analytics tools that will let you view:
- most recent visitors
- most frequent visitors
- the times of day people check in
- total number of unique visitors
- a histogram of check-ins per day
So, what are you waiting for? Get into Foursquare and claim your venue now before somebody else takes it.