For businesses that maintain twitter presence, there is an unspoken list of etiquettes that one must adhere to. These etiquettes arise out of a need to acknowledge your target audience and give respect to all those who interact with you using the medium of twitter. Some of these etiquettes are pretty simple and do not consume much time. Let us discuss these over the following points:
1. Acknowledge those followers who send a message to you. While there may be automated bots that could have been used to follow your account, there is a chance that many genuine followers will use a manual effort to follow your tweets. And these visitors and followers need to be acknowledged to offer them the respect they deserve.
2. If you run a business, then your twitter language must adhere to professional levels of excellence. You must try to avoid language that is mostly abbreviated. Â The language being used must be clear, concise and crisp.Â
3. Always compress or shorten your URL to ensure that you can make the most of your tweets. Apart from converting your URLs to adhere to the character limit, most converting websites offer you a way to track the click-through that happen to the interesting content posted by you.
4. For a business that maintains twitter presence, there are chances that occasionally you may come across aggrieved customers. This is especially true for businesses that offer services to customers. In cases where in a twitter account has been exploited by an aggrieved customer to voice his displeasure and complaint, it becomes all the more important for you to maintain restraint and use polite language in trying to address the grievance in a timely manner. Your handling of a grievance can make or break your online reputation.
5. Do not spam your followers with tweets that make little sense. Remember that when you tweet, the message goes across to followers. Unless it is relevant to your business cause and twitter presence, try and avoid sending tweets to the followers. Always bear in mind that quality tweets bring in more recognition than quantity of tweets.
While these basic rules or principles will help you in improving your engagement levels with Â the intended audience, you will still need to make conscious efforts to develop and promote your twitter account for the mutual benefit of your business and your followers.
This posting has been written by Andy May, a professional fuel card strategist and a professional SEO and SEM professional.
This posting has been written by Andy May, a professional fuel card strategist and a professional SEO and SEM professional. The current analysis of fuel card offerings is focussed on the European Fuel Cards.