Ustream, known for its live interactive video broadcast platform has just launched a new desktop client called Ustream producer. It’s a nice tool for doing live broadcasts from your PC with high video quality and editing tools. Available for both Mac and PC, you can have the tool either as a free client or a paid one which will cost you a one-time fee of $199. Of course, that amount would give you more options and features to make your live broadcasts look more professional.
Ustream Producer lets you do the following:
- easily manage video and audio sources
- browse, drag and drop audio and video files
- start and stop recordings
- pop-out a chat room or social streams
- display your desktop via screencasting capability
- update your status and syndicate to Twitter, Facebook, MySpace and AIM
- broadcast using Picture in Picture
- create multiple transitions
If you’re into live broadcasting and you want to take this to a higher level, the $199 price tag for the Pro version seems a reasonable price. While the free version is enough to get you started with live broadcasting, the PRO version however will make your live streams even better and more appealing to your intended audience. Â The PRO version gives you additional features such as unlimited cameras, unlimited transitions, 7 encoding presets including HD and more.
To give you a taste of what Ustream Producer can do, you might want to watch the live broadcasts of a new song that will be featured in the upcoming Alice in Wonderland flick. The live stream will start at 4PM tomorrow.
Originally posted on January 28, 2010 @ 6:06 pm