imeem, the 3rd largest social network in the U.S. with 24 million unique monthly visitors, has joined the â€œopennessâ€ bandwagon with the launch of its imeem Media Platform, enabling third-party developers to create new applications related to videos, photos, and music.
Here are some of the things developers can create in this open platform:
- Access imeemâ€™s social graph, including users, friends, and associated profile data
- Create, edit, and manage new playlists, or access millions of music, video and photo playlists created by imeem users
- Search imeemâ€™s media content by keyword, artist, song title, or album name
- Ability to favorite media and playlists back to the userâ€™s profile
- Access imeemâ€™s recommendation engine and discovery tools
More importantly, imeem will provide OpenSocial support so developers can easily integrate the applications they created for other social networking sites such as MySpace and Hi5.
Originally posted on March 26, 2008 @ 10:33 am