OVGuide.com has launched its second annual Viewser Choice Award contest to identify the top online video sites of 2008.
Nominations open today for individuals to enter their favorite Web video destinations. Consumers can manually submit sites on OVGuide.com, or find and click on the Viewser Choice Award badge located on an online destination. One site will receive the Viewser Choice Award, which the popular vote will solely determine, and an esteemed panel of judges will decide upon the top sites in each of OVGuide.com’s 26 categories.
The panel consists of:
- Chad Cooper, editorial content and marketing director, OVGuide.com
- Chris Denson, marketing and events director, American Film Institute Digital Content Lab
- Eric Griffith, senior writer, PC Magazine
- Kyle Monson, senior editor, PC Magazine
- Andrew Wallenstein, deputy editor, The Hollywood Reporter
- Daisy Whitney, new media reporter, TelevisionWeek; host and creator, ‘New Media Minute’ Webcast
Several sites were honored last year, including Break.com, JibJab, Funny or Die and Veoh. To enter a site for consideration, please visit www.ovguide.com/awards, or alternatively, look for the OVGuide.com Viewser Choice Award badge on various online video destinations. Voting closes on Monday, December 15, 2008 and OVGuide.com will announce the winners on Monday, December 22, 2008.
Originally posted on November 17, 2008 @ 9:22 pm