Have you ever thought about mixing up the content on your blog and throwing a slideshow into the mix? The fact of the matter is that a good slideshow can definitely engage viewers, but you need to know how to use it as content of your blog.
Publishing Slideshows on a Blog
If you want to publish a slideshow on a blog, there are generally two ways to go about it:
- Embed from slideshow platforms
Nowadays there are several platforms that cater to slideshows and presentations that you can use to publish your slideshow online, such as SlideShare. Think of them just like YouTube only for slideshows instead of videos – and from these platforms you can then embed the slideshow onto your blog.
The main benefit of this option is the fact that your slideshow will be published as a slideshow, and viewers will be able to flip slides manually if they choose to.
- Publish the slideshow as a video
The other option to publish slideshows on a blog is to save it as a video. By saving your slideshow as a video you can publish it the way that you would do any other video content, and embed it from online streaming platforms or self-host it on your blog if you prefer.
Publishing the slideshow of a video has benefits of its own, most notably the fact that it is audiovisual in nature – so you can add visual effects and audio tracks containing background music or a voiceover.
At the end of the day it is up to you to decide which option you prefer more. Regardless however, you should be able to publish slideshows on your blog without any difficulty.
Types of Slideshow Content for Blogs
Make no mistake there are lots of different types of slideshows that you could use as content on a blog. If you’d like some ideas, there are a few in particular that you could try:
- How-to guides or tutorials are a very useful type of content. As a slideshow you can use each slide to show one of the steps in the guide, and explain it with text or a voiceover.
- Lists are a natural fit for slideshows as each list item could occupy its own slide. You can use images, text or a voiceover to explain each list item and even include a slide at the end that summarizes the list.
- Explainer slideshows can be used to explain a product or service, or even any other topic. It is best to make them entertaining, and use visuals to convey the information effectively.
Actually creating slideshows is relatively easy, and if you want you could use Movavi Slideshow Maker (https://www.movavi.com/photo-to-dvd-slideshow/) or other slideshow software that you may prefer. Just be sure to take advantage of the visual nature of slideshows, and its ability to cater to audio as well if you’re publishing it as a video.
All in all you should be able to take your blog content up a notch with the addition of a few good slideshows.
Originally posted on November 1, 2018 @ 10:56 pm