Clicker, an Internet TV guide which just launched 3 months ago is gearing up for a full blast operation as it launches a new homepage coupled with some new features. Â If you’re like me who just learned about this site now, Clicker’s dictum is to help you, Internet TV consumers to find the right show, right when you need to find it – as in Now.
What Clicker does is to catalog all broadcast programming online including TV-quality web original shows. It then delivers a seamless and well organized experience for you to find what’s available to watch and watch isn’t. It also tells you where to watch the Internet TV show as well as which of these shows are well worth watching.
And to make all these happen, Clicker has redesigned its homepage and peppered it with social, personalization, recommendation and management features.
Key features of Clicker’s new homepage include the following:
- Search on top – to make it easy for users with small screen resolution to use Clicker’s main service – Search
- Headliners – include important shows and episodes, breaking news and other important TV content
- Popular Shows/Episodes – a placeholder for soon to be personalized recommendations feature of Clicker
- Clicker Right Now – lets you peek into what other Clicker users are doing/watching
- Categories – browsing Clicker’s catalog by subject
- Playlist – used to be buried on the second layer of Clicker’s site and is now place prominently on the homepage
So there, if you’re into Internet TV programs, check out the newly redesignedÂ Clicker.com now.
Originally posted on March 5, 2010 @ 9:42 am