Alright Firefox users, Â the latest version of your favorite browser is officially out. Firefox 3.6 finally goes out into the open and brings with it some new cutting edge features including support for a wide variety of web standards as well as access to more than 6,000 free add-ons.
From the users’ side, here are the new features that you should expect from Firefox 3.6:
- Personas: Personalize the look of your Firefox by selecting new themes calledÂ Personas in a single click and without a restart
- Plugin Updater: To keep you safe from potential security vulnerabilities, Firefox will nowÂ detect out of date plugins
- Stability improvements: Firefox 3.6 significantly decreased crashes caused by third party software â€“ all without sacrificing our extensibility in any way
- Form Complete: When filling out an online form, Firefox suggests information for fields based on your common answers in similar field
- Open Video and Audio: With the worldâ€™s best implementation of HTML 5 audio and video support, now video can be displayed full screen and supports poster frames
If you’re a developer, here are the goodies for you:
- Support for the latest HTML5 specification, including the File API for local file handling
- Font Support: In addition to OpenType and TrueType fonts, 3.6 now supports the new Web Open Font Format (WOFF)
- CSS gradients: Supports linear and radial CSS gradients which allow for a smoother transition between colors
- Device orientation: Firefox 3.6 exposes the orientation of the laptop or device to Web pages
Alright, you know the drill, download Firefox 3.6 from here.
Originally posted on January 21, 2010 @ 4:25 pm